Register for a Virtual Refresher sessionLaurinda2023-09-04T14:05:12+10:00
Outcomes Star Refresher sessions
Confident and effective use of the Star requires more than completion of introductory training. Developing competence also requires lots of practice and regular opportunities to pause and reflect. Some of the resources that workers can draw upon include supervision, coaching, practice reflection and practice review, and ‘refresher’ sessions. Periodic refresher sessions can also help to remind workers of the philosophy underpinning the Star as well as sharpen key skills and understandings.
Our open 2.5 hour refresher sessions are designed for workers who have completed introductory Star training and who
• Did their initial Star training in a previous workplace, or
• Have not used the Star for awhile, or
• Did their initial Star training some time ago, or
• Are part of a team that wishes to improve practice with the Star, or
• Feel a little rusty on how to confidently use the Star, or
• Have questions or niggles about the Star
They will cover:
• The strengths-based, client-centred, trauma-informed philosophy underpinning the Star
• Using the Journey of Change to measure engagement
• How to introduce and explain the Star to get maximum buy-in
• How to navigate different perspectives regarding progress
• How to use the Star to develop client-owned, stage-appropriate action plans
The sessions will be highly interactive and draw on the group’s experience in using the Star. Questions will be welcomed.
*Please note that completion of an Introductory Star training course is a prerequisite for participation in refresher sessions.