The Outcomes Star is:
- A growing suite of evidence-based tools designed to help human service workers and clients to identify and measure meaningful change
- A unique and innovative way for services to demonstrate their impact whilst improving their ways of supporting clients
- Tailored to specific sectors, with dozens of versions developed in collaboration with workers, service users and funding bodies in each sector
- Widely used in the UK and Australia and increasingly across Aotearoa (New Zealand), Europe, Asia, and the USA
- Available only under license and with training for all members of staff using the Star
Unique Outcomes is exclusively licensed by Triangle Consulting in the UK to provide licensing, training and implementation support in Australia and Aotearoa (New Zealand).
For a general introduction to the Outcomes Star, please download Briefing: What is the Outcomes Star? from the Resources section on the right of this page.
The values underpinning the Outcomes Stars reflect the shift in human services toward more person-centred, strengths-based and post-structuralist approaches:
- The Star places importance on client’s insider knowledge and priorities
- The collaborative, holistic “snap-shots” created with the Star focus on aspects of client’s lives that are going well not just on areas of difficulty
- Clients are seen as active agents in their own lives and the key source of expertise about possibilities for addressing concerns.
Using the Outcomes Stars is based on 3 processes: client empowerment (self-determination), collaboration and integration – which sets it apart from traditional approaches to assessment and case management.
As a result, implementing the Outcomes Star can provide an effective way to put these processes and values into practice.
The Outcomes Star works because it is a unique outcomes measurement tool, designed to be used in collaboration with clients in an objective and fully integrated way. Using the Star enables workers to see how to tailor their ways of working to better match client readiness and priorities.
There are ten significant reasons which ensure that each Outcomes Star works effectively to support and measure change for a wide-variety of sectors.
The Outcomes Star is an evidence-based tool that was first created by Triangle in 2003, since then each new Star has been carefully crafted to fit the needs of service users, key workers in specific sectors.
Why use the Outcomes Star?
A short video on how the Outcomes Star has impacted relationships between staff and service users at housing & care 21.