Getting the most out of the Star by using it in Triangle’s online app or in your own IT system.
Although the Star can just be used on paper, having an electronic way to complete Stars and store Star data can be hugely important in getting the most out of the Outcomes Star. Not only does it make analysing the data possible in many different ways, but it can also make it easier and more engaging to complete the Star collaboratively with service users.
Triangle have developed a web application – see the Star Online information below – but we also work with and approve software system providers and people developing their own in-house software to incorporate the Outcomes Star in the IT they are already using for service user information.
Introducing the new and improved Star Online
About the Star Online
The Star Online is a web-based application designed to be highly intuitive and accessible, and to support organisations with all aspects of using the Outcomes Star.
Key features and benefits include:
- A one-stop portal for all the latest Star materials and resources
- Ability to complete the Stars on screen with service users and quickly and easily reference the Scales and detailed descriptions usually found in the User Guide for each Star, meaning no paper copies are needed
- Optimised for use on mobiles and tablets, and with text only options to support accessibility for people who are visually impaired
- Quick data entry options making it more efficient to enter Star data from Stars completed on paper
- Ready made outcomes reports for service users, projects/services and organisations with some presented in the visual of the Star, as well as raw data downloads for more sophisticated data analysis
The Star Online is an online system specifically designed to support use of the Star, rather than aiming to be full service client management system. Because it is web based, the Star Online needs very little set up and requires internet access only – no additional software or hardware is needed.
Working with Licensed Software Collaborators
Triangle understands that many organisations will already have software solutions in place for their service user information, and that incorporating the Star within those can make using the Star much easier for keyworkers and managers. This is why we collaborate with software providers to approve the use of the Outcomes Star in third party systems.
If you use third party software, or if you are the developers of a software system for public and voluntary services, then please do get in touch with us for an initial discussion about incorporating the Star.
Please see our detailed framework for working with software providers and the Outcomes Star: OS Introduction to L3 licensed software collaborator
The following organisations are Licensed Software Collaborators (or are in the process of developing the capacity and acquiring a licence) to include the Star within their software system.
- Arcus Global (Indigo), UK
- CDPSoft Limited (SHARP, HOAMS, Capita Support), UK
- CheckWare (CheckWare), UK
- Coral Harbour (Socialsuite), Global
- Clearcare Solutions Limited (ClearCare), UK
- Net (CSnet®), Australia
- Cyber Media (Theseus), UK
- Data Collection & Recording Service (DCRS) of the NHS, UK
- Dizions Limited (Charitylog), UK
- evide (Impact Tracker), UK
- Homeless Link (Inform), UK
- Infoxchange Service Record System (SRS), Australia
- Lamplight (Lamplight), UK
- Paloma (Harmonia and Modus), UK
- Servelec Corelogic Ltd (Mosaic), UK
- TMWK (Spa), UK
- VistaShare (Outcome Tracker), USA & Canada
- Vital Service North East Ltd (Ways to Wellness), UK
- Wild Bamboo (Recordbase), New Zealand & Australia